OBJECTIVE: To create a unique and interesting backyard that fits the natural wooded setting.
CHALLENGES: Limited space and uneven terrain.
• Natural materials, such as flagstone, were used to blend into the adjacent surroundings – a wooded ravine and wetland preserve.
• Fieldstone boulders were used create multi-level entertaining spaces and retain the existing slopes and grade changes.
• A pondless water feature, designed as a babbling brook with small waterfalls, helps add to the natural feel of the project while creating a gentle, calming water soundtrack to the backyard.
• A cozy fire pit patio expands the entertaining space and possibilities.
• Under-decking helps create a warm, dry patio space under the deck, with welcoming furniture and a small bar.
Location: Maple Grove, Minnesota
FEATURING: Stone Masonry, Fire Feature, Softscapes
“Magnolia is absolutely amazing! We wanted the end result to look natural and Tom nailed it. Magnolia created a design and environment that we would never have dreamed of, it’s truly magical. The creativity, professionalism and efficiency of Magnolia is outstanding, we highly recommend Magnolia to anyone looking to landscape their yard.”