To create a dream outdoor kitchen for a grilling enthusiast incorporated into a fun, family environment.
• Existing conditions and materials – The existing patio and landscape was not to be completely removed. New features were to be added without looking like an afterthought.
• We reused existing materials. Only a small amount of waste was needed to be recycled or thrown away. Some areas were “remodeled” and some areas were left as-is with small touches to pull everything together with an “always been there” feel.
• A custom built outdoor kitchen features a wood fired Pizza Oven and a Brazilian Grill, as well as wood storage and countertop space for prep and serving.
• Chilton flagstone and wallstone was utilized to tie into the existing landscape and expand the existing spaces without having to add material that would look new and out of place.
• Sound installation practices were used to ensure this structure would last throughout the harshest of weather elements.
• A similar approach and upgrade was given to the front yard, utilizing much of the existing driveway and walkway, but incorporating new boulders and flagstone accents to upgrade and enhance the curb appeal. More naturalized plantings fit the setting and client’s desires.
Location: Deephaven, Minnesota
FEATURING: Pizza oven, brick oven, Brazillian grill, patio, playhouse, softscapes