This project was designed to fit the clients’ desire for a more usable outdoor space for family and entertaining year-round, including pond hockey and fires in the winter. The biggest design objective was to create a space that was an extension of the home, both in materials and architecture.
• Restricted access to backyard
• Late season cold weather
• Materials were selected to compliment and extend the features and style of the home. Sound installation practices were used to ensure a long lasting build.
• A natural gas burning fire feature was incorporated as a year-round entertainment feature. The unique design allows for the fire to be enjoyed from the patio as well as the yard, especially during pond hockey gatherings in the winter months.
• Care was taken to preserve and protect an important backyard tree and adjacent body of water.
• Fieldstone boulder walls were added to create a space for a future trampoline play area.
Location: Edina, Minnesota
FEATURING: Stone Masonry, Bluestone Patio, Gas Fire Feature