Did you know a recent REALTORS® report ranked a new patio, softscapes and an overall landscape upgrade among the top ways to add value to your home? We’re excited about that! We love what we do, and it’s great when our customers’ home values rise because of the work we’ve done.
Landscaping is usually a great return on investment, too, with these projects at roughly 100% in cost recovery. And just as important, we’ve seen the joy that our projects bring to the families that stay in their homes to enjoy their updated spaces.
Whether you’re considering an upgrade to sell your home, or staying there to enjoy it, here are 3 top ways to add value:
1. Overall Landscape Upgrade
The top 3 reasons homeowners chose to invest in an overall landscape upgrade was:
- Add more of personality to their home – 26%
- Add features and improve livability – 26%
- Time for a change – 26%
75% percent said they have a greater desire to be home since completing the project
65% percent have an increased sense of enjoyment when they are at home
79% percent feel a major sense of accomplishment when they think of the project
2. New Patio
The top 3 reasons most homeowners chose to invest in a new patio was:
- Add features/improve livability – 56%
- Better function and livability – 40%
- Upgrade worn-out surfaces, finishes, and materials – 20%
82% said they have a greater desire to be home since completing the project
74% have an increased sense of enjoyment when they are at home
85% feel a major sense of accomplishment when they think of the project.
- For this study, a typical softscape project included:
- Five trees
- 25 shrubs
- 60 perennials
- Natural edging
- Boulder accents (assume no grading is required and no irrigation system is to be installed).
Based on these installations, 26% percent of REALTORS® suggested sellers upgrade their softscape before attempting to sell.
Are you ready to update YOUR landscape and add VALUE to your home? We’d love to help – contact us to get started!